You’ve gotta try this sweet cherry and farro salad! A delicious potluck salad for summer. Fresh cherries, farro, arugula, hazelnuts, feta and a tangy molasses dressing. Vegetarian.
- 1 cup fresh sweet cherries, halved and pitted
- ¼ cup dried cherries
- 1 cup uncooked farro
- 2 cup arugula
- ⅓ cup crumbled feta (can leave out for vegan version)
- ⅓ cup hazelnuts, chopped
- Molasses Dressing
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon molasses
- 1/4–1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Add farro to water once boiling then cook until tender and drain. (I used Trader Joe’s quick-cooking farro, which takes 10-12 minutes.) Let cool slightly.
- While the farro is boiling, prep the cherries by pitting them and halving them. Chop the hazelnuts and set aside.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, molasses and salt. I start with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then add from there to taste.
- In a large bowl, mix together the cooked farro, cherries (fresh and dried), hazelnuts, arugula, and cheese. Drizzle dressing on top of salad and toss together. Enjoy!