Watermelon Lemonade! Refreshing, lightly sweetened, the perfect beverage for hot summer days! Watermelon puree, fresh lemon juice and sparkling water.
Watermelon Lemonade! A literal chill-pill for summer. Hot, humid STL summers have nothing on this zippy lemonade. Packed with refreshing watermelon, bright lemon juice and sparkling water it’s what I want to drink all summer long.
As much as I love water, there’s something a bit special about a fruit-sweetened beverage like this. I’ll make a big pitcher of this lemonade in the afternoon for BL and I to enjoy as a mock-tail when he gets home from work. This and a platter of grilled vegetables is my favorite way to say, welcome home.
I added a bit of simple syrup to the lemonade to offset some of the tart fresh lemon flavor. You could keep this one 100% naturally sweetened or use a liquid option like maple or honey instead.
Lastly, I recommend straining the watermelon mixture after pureeing for a cleaner sip. It’s completely OK to keep the watermelon as is, but it will add a bit of pulp to the finished lemonade. I’ve done it both ways and while the lazy girls option typically wins, I’ll strain it if I’m serving it to guests.
Top with sparkling water (or wine! or regular water) and serve. Cheers to the weekend!
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
Watermelon Lemonade! Refreshing, lightly sweetened, the perfect beverage for hot summer days! Watermelon puree, fresh lemon juice and sparkling water. Vegan, Gluten-Free.
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 6 cups cubed seedless watermelon
- 1 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups sparkling water
- lemon slices, for garnish
- Place water and sugar in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved. Let cool completely.
- Place watermelon in a blender and puree until smooth, working in batches as necessary.
- Use as is or strain through a fine mesh-strainer for a clearer lemonade.
- Place the watermelon puree, lemon juice and cooled syrup in a large pitcher. Place in the fridge to chill together for at least 30 minutes.
- Before serving, add in ice and top with sparkling water.