Hangry friends! I’ve got your back with these toasts. Delicious, protein-packed dinner that’s ready in less than 10 minutes.
It’s only slightly embarrassing that I am even sharing this recipe with you. Recipe!? Are we allowed to call it that if it’s essentially just toast with the most flavorful smashed white beans, juicy tomatoes and avocado?
If this wasn’t my new favorite lunch and what I’ve been eating for every I-don’t-feel-like-cooking day this month, the answer might be yes.But here we are, bean-tomato-avocado toast in one hand, glass of wine in the other. —> When dinner doesn’t require any oven or stove time, feel free to celebrate with some vino.
This dinner/lunch/midnight snack was inspired by this months Recipe Redux theme, “back to the dinner table.”
Friends, I’ve got a zillion dinner recipes on this space: pasta, sandwiches, soups, salads. Which makes sense as I originally started DK as a way to showcase healthy, vegetarian, everyday eats. While most of my recipes are ready in less than 30 minutes, I didn’t any 5 minute recipes- like this one.
In reality, a lot of my meals look like this one. Bread is the perfect canvas for just about everything and I love that toast has become trendy enough that my friends don’t give me the side eye when I tell them that I had avocado toast for dinner.
Did I mention how easy these are?
Smash Cannellini beans with fresh basil, garlic and a pinch of salt/pepper. High five for herby, creamy goodness! Smear that on thick slices of toasted sourdough bread. Top with the best tomatoes you can find and avocado.
Getting back to the dinner table has never been easier.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
Smashed white bean toast with heirloom tomatoes and avocado! This protein-packed dinner is ready in less than 10 minutes.
- Smashed White Beans:
- 1 15 oz can Cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large clove garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup packed torn basil leaves
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 large heirloom tomato, thinly sliced
- 4 large slices sourdough bread, toasted
- salt/pepper to for garnish
- Place 1/2 of the white beans into a food processor with the garlic, basil, olive oil and pinch of salt pepper. Pulse a few times until mostly combined. Add in the rest of the beans and pulse together 2-3 more times to incorporate the beans while keeping some texture.
- Toast the sourdough bread.
- Smear on white bean mixture and top with tomato slices and avocado. Sprinkle with salt/pepper.
Looking for more dinner ideas!? Enjoy #thereciperedux roundup below.