Vegan Cauliflower Soup! This creamy, silky soup is so quick and easy to make. A healthy cauliflower soup that’s perfect for the holiday season!
Cauliflower soup! This is exactly the kind of recipe I want to be eating this time of year. Simple to put together, packed with so much flavor yet rather effortless. It’s the kind of recipe that I can make a big batch of to keep in the fridge for a few days. To enjoy with big hunks of crusty bread, with sandwiches or just in a mug with a giant sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper on top.
I’ve been having a moment with creamy soups, which is so not the norm for me. I love texture and often find that creamy soups lack the bite that I’m craving. However, lately I’ve been really into silky, blended soups like this cauliflower one and my recently posted butternut squash soup. Maybe it’s because I’m very pregnant and there isn’t much room in my stomach these days? Either way, this creamy vegan cauliflower soup is sure to become a favorite in your house.
Did I mention how easy this one is to make? You essentially simmer all of the ingredients together until very soft, then blend! That’s it. Couldn’t be easier. I use my blender for this, but it would be even easier to make if you had an immersion blender on hand.
If you don’t what your holiday menu plans are yet, but may I suggest this soup as a first course or appetizer? Served in either shooter glasses or small bowls, it’s a yummy way to start a meal. Sprinkle extra chives and a dash of grated nutmeg on top for extra pizzaz!
Hope you enjoy this one as much as we do. If you make this recipe, come back and leave a comment and rate it. Your feedback helps other readers and seeing you make my recipes completely makes my day!Print
Vegan Cauliflower Soup! This creamy, silky soup is so quick and easy to make. Grab a loaf of crusty bread and enjoy this healthy cauliflower soup that’s perfect for the holiday season!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 cups sliced shallots or white onion
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- ~5 cups chopped cauliflower
- 7 cups vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup raw cashews
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- Chopped chives, for garnish
- Crusty bread, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the garlic, shallots and salt and cook until very soft, about 10 minutes, stirring often.
- Add the cauliflower to the skillet and saute for about 2 minutes, then add the vegetable broth and cashews then bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a low simmer and cook for ~20-25 minutes until cauliflower is very soft.
- Let cool slightly, then add the cauliflower mixture to a blender along with the nutritional yeast and nutmeg. Puree until very smooth and creamy, about 1 minute. Depending on the size of your blender, you may need to do this in batches. Taste, adding more salt as needed. Depending on the broth you use, you may need to add more. I find I use ~1/2-3/4 teaspoons when making this soup.
- Divide into bowls, garnish with chives and enjoy! We LOVE this with really good crusty bread for dipping.
*This makes about 4 normal serving sizes and 6 appetizer size servings.
Keywords: vegan cauliflower soup