Farro and Citrus Salad! A light grain salad featuring nutty farro, oranges, grapefruit, feta and a tangy orange dressing.
- 8 ounces uncooked Farro
- 1 Sunkist California Star Ruby Grapefruit, segmented
- 2 Sunkist Valencia oranges, segmented
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 1/8 cup fresh mint, torn
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed Valencia orange juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Cook the farro according to package directions until al dente; then set aside to cool.
- Place the farro in a large bowl and add in the grapefruit segments, orange segments, feta crumbles and mint.
- Make the dressing. Place the dijon mustard in the bottom of a medium bowl, then whisk in the orange juice. Keep whisking, slowly drizzling in the olive oil until creamy. Add in the salt/pepper then add to the farro bowl, tossing to combine. Season to taste, adding in more salt/pepper as needed. Serve at room temperature.
Keywords: farro citrus salad