How to Make Peach Iced Tea! This peach iced tea recipe is the perfect drink for a hot summer day!
I’m baaack! Wow, what a whirlwind past few weeks. As wonderful as any holiday is, this type A personality is ready to be back to a routine. I have missed being in my own bed, working out most days, eating my own cooking and having what I would consider to be a normal day-to-day.
If you are looking for a refreshing summer drink recipe, this is it! I’m a huge iced tea fan and drink it almost daily in the summer. I love that it has just a little caffeine boost to keep me energized throughout the day and isn’t cloying sweet like other beverages can be.
Have I mentioned before that I grew up in Richmond? Land of sweet tea that is so sickeningly sweet, I can’t drink more than a sip or two at a time. I’ve always been a savory taste kinda person; I prefer my desserts under-sweet but my french fries very salty. It’s no wonder then that I prefer an unsweetened tea to any that I was served growing up.
However, this peach iced tea recipe is the perfect compromise. It’s mostly unsweetened with just a hint of sugar from the peach puree. It’s light, refreshing and a must anytime temperatures hover over 90 degrees.
How to Make Peach Iced Tea!
To start, you’ll make a peach puree using ripe peaches, a little sugar and water. Cook that until the peaches are very soft then puree into a juice.
I’ve added basil to this peach iced tea recipe because I love the savory balance of peaches and basil but I suppose that’s optional.
Stir the peach puree into the tea and basil mixture and ta-da! You’ve got homemade peach iced tea. Fill your biggest drinking glasses with lots and lots of ice, pour over and enjoy.
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
How to Make Peach Iced Tea! The perfect drink for a hot summer day! Peach Basil Iced Tea- make it unsweetened or sweetened!
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 Tablespoons sugar (this was for an unsweetened version, if you’d like it more sweet, add more.)
- 2 large tea bags
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Make the peach puree: Combine the sliced peaches, 1 cup water and sugar into a sauce pan. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool. Once cool, puree using an immersion blender or high-powered blender.
- Bring the remaining 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the tea bags and basil leaves into a large pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and basil leaves.
- Stir in the peach puree and serve over ice.
Keywords: peach iced tea
If you like this peach recipe, then you’ll want to try out my other peach recipes: peach pie bars, vegan peach cobbler, kale and peach slaw, peach, cherry and halloumi salad, peach, cherry and halloumi salad