Wow, what a whirlwind past few weeks. As wonderful as any holiday is, this type A personality is ready to be back to a routine. I have missed blogging and spent the weekend creating fun, healthy recipes to share with you over the next few weeks.
But, before we get to that- let’s announce a winner, eh? Thanks to everyone who entered the Super Seedz giveaway! I loved hearing about your favorite grab and go snacks. So, if you’re looking for ideas make sure to check out the comments section on that post!
Since I didn’t do a fancy rafflecopter, I just asked BL to pick a number at random. We’re kinda scientific around here. So, drumroll please… Congrats, #27 (Linda) you have won all 8 varieties of Super Seedz! We will be in touch.
Alright, back to the recipes. This week, as I mentioned yesterday on facebook, has been deemed worthy of the title- BASIL WEEK.
Mainly because all the recipes I will be sharing feature basil (if you didn’t already guess what basil week inferred).
Since all good celebratory weeks should start with a drink, this one won’t be any different.
I present, Peach Basil Iced Tea: fresh peach puree, iced tea and torn basil leaves combine to make summer in a glass. SUMMER IN A GLASS.
Because that’s exactly what it tastes like (I may or may not be using these same words to describe a salad later in the week.)
I made a pitcher of this on Saturday and it was completely kicked by Saturday afternoon. That’s how awesome it is. Even though I grew up in the south (OK, Virginia), I don’t like sweet tea. Really. I did add a small, teeny, tiny pinch of sugar to this tea but I would still classify it as “unsweetened”. The fresh peach puree might be enough for you sweet-tea enthusiast but if you must have more, you know what to do (#addmore).
If you try this recipe, let me know! Leave a comment, rate it, and tag your Instagram photos with #delishknowledge . I absolutely love seeing your creations. Happy cooking!Print
The perfect drink for a hot day! Fresh peach puree combined with tea and torn basil. Add sugar if you’d like it sweet!
- 2 ripe peaches, sliced
- 8 cups water, divided
- 2 tbsp. sugar (this was for an unsweetened version, if you’d like it more sweet, add more. Stevia, honey or maple syrup could also work here)
- 2 large tea bags
- 1 cup torn basil leaves
- Make the peach puree:
- Combine the sliced peaches, 1 cup water and sugar into a sauce pan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer and let cook for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Once cool, puree using an immersion blender or high-powered blender.
- Bring the remaining 7 cups of water to a boil.
- Place the tea bags and basil leaves into a large pitcher and pour the boiling water over. Steep for 5 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and basil leaves.
- Stir in the peach puree and serve over ice.