Butternut Squash Curry! If you love vegan curry, then you’ll want to save this simple curry recipe. Inspired by some of my favorite Thai flavors; vegan and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons coconut or olive oil
- 2 large shallots, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger
- 4 cups diced butternut squash
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce or tamari
- 3 tablespoons red curry paste
- ½ tablespoon yellow curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 cup canned coconut milk
- 1 (15 ounce) can crushed fire toasted tomatoes
- ¾ cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice, with zest from 1 lime
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 3 cups fresh baby spinach
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the shallots and cook for about 3-4 minutes, until slightly softened. Add in the garlic, ginger and squash and cook another 5 minutes, stirring often so not to burn. If the squash sticks too much to the pot, add a splash of vegetable broth.
- Add the soy sauce, curry paste, powder, coriander and stir to coat the vegetables with the spices. Add in the coconut milk, tomatoes, vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, or until squash is tender.
- Turn off the heat and add the spinach, stirring until just wilted, about 1 minute.
- Serve with cooked rice (or grain of choice) and garnish with chopped peanuts and extra lime juice, if desired!
Keywords: Vegan Curry Recipe with Butternut Squash