Instant Pot Burrito Bowls! These vegan bowls are perfect for busy weeknights. Super flavorful Mexican rice with avocados, lettuce, tomatoes and more!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 2 red bell peppers, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn kernels, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup + 2 tablespoons vegetable broth
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup white rice (brown rice will need more cooking time)
- Shredded lettuce
- Chopped tomatoes
- Other toppings, as desired
- Turn on the Instant Pot and hit Saute. Add the oil and once warm, add the onion and bell pepper and cook until onion and peppers are just tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ground seasonings. Stir for just 30 seconds, until fragrant.
- Turn the Instant Pot off, and add the rest of the ingredients: beans, corn, vegetable broth, salsa and rice. Stir together.
- Cover and turn the vent to sealing. Hit manual pressure to 7 minutes.
- When cooking time is complete, do a quick release of the pressure (turn the vent to open, be careful- I use a kitchen towel to press it and then back away for the steam to release!) Remove the lid and stir together.
- Make the burrito bowls! Divide the salad ingredients among 4 bowls and top with the rice mixture. I like a little lime juice on these bowls, but extra salsa, extra dressing or no dressing works!
Keywords: gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian, instant pot, mexican, healthy