Red Lentil Curry Soup! Vegan, Gluten-Free and so delicious. You’ve gotta make this protein packed soup!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup diced white onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, diced (~ 3 cups)
- 1 cup red lentils
- 1 15 ounce can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups Pacific Foods Organic Vegetable Broth low-sodium
- 1 14-ounce can light coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro, plus more for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, garlic, ginger and curry powder and cook, stirring often until the onion is soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add sweet potatoes and cook for 4-5 minutes to cook. Add in the lentils, red tomatoes, salt and broth.
- Cover and bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, covered, stirring occasionally, until the sweet potatoes are tender and lentils are mostly broken down, about 25 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk and simmer until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Stir in the lime juice and cilantro and serve. Garnish with cilantro