Vegan Egg Salad Sandwich! Vegan egg salad that tastes and looks like traditional egg salad!
Tofu Egg Salad
- 1 (14 ounce) block Firm Tofu, pressed*
- 1/2 cup vegan mayo
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kala namak (black salt- see above)
- ¼ tsp Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped dill (optional)
- Black Pepper, to taste
Tofu Egg Salad Sandwich
- 1 recipe vegan egg salad, above
- 8 slices bread of choice
- 8 thin slices tomato
- torn lettuce or salad greens
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped chives or dill (optional)
- Remove tofu from tofu press or kitchen towel and chop into small cubes. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mayo, lemon juice, dijon mustard, vinegar, salad, turmeric and dill, if using. Add in the chopped tofu and stir to combine.
- Taste, adding in more black pepper/salt/mayo as desired.
- To serve, toast bread and spread tofu egg salad on top, followed by chopped herbs, sliced tomatoes and greens of choice. Cover with remaining toasted bread and enjoy! This recipe doesn’t freeze well, so enjoy within 5 days in the fridge.
*To press tofu, use a tofu press (I’m obsessed with this one!) or wrap in kitchen towels and place something heavy on top.
Keywords: tofu, egg salad, sandwich