Looking for a healthy vegan soup? Try this Tuscan Kale Soup made with roasted tomatoes, orzo, kale in a spicy broth. A must make, less than 250 calories a serving.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (more if you like a little more heat)
- 1 15oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes (or regular if you can’t find fire-roasted)
- 4 cups vegetable broth (I use low-sodium and then adjust for salt)
- 2 cups water
- 3/4 cup orzo pasta
- 4 cups chopped kale
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium heat.
- Add the onion, celery, carrots, salt, oregano, basil and red pepper flakes. Cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until softened
- Add the tomatoes with their juice, broth, water and orzo and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until orzo is tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the kale until wilted, seasoning to taste if needed.
- Stir in the lemon juice and serve.
- Serving Size: 1/4th recipe
- Calories: 233
- Sugar: 7 g
- Sodium: 852 mg
- Fat: 6 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 36 g
- Fiber: 6 g
- Protein: 9 g